In today's world, everyone has a dream of a beautiful house, for this dream, they worked hard till retirement and spend almost all saving money to build a beautiful & strong house for the family. For this purpose, drywall plays a very important role. Drywall is not famous for strangeness, but also it is very famous for designed interior walls and ceilings.
Drywall is also known as plasterboard or gypsum panel that is made of calcium sulfate dehydrate (known as gypsum). Drywall is mixed with fiber, foaming agent, plasticizer, and many more preservatives that can reduce water absorption and mildew. Drywall is faster and very easy to install in comparison to traditional plaster. Drywall is heavy in weight, but it doesn't require skilled three coats of plaster over lath strips like traditional. Drywall used for creating many design features and architectural specialties. It is not only quick & easy to install, but also it is durable and requires only simple maintenance when damaged.
How Much Does It Cost To Install A Drywall?
The drywall installation technique includes taping, muddying, and then finishing flow smoothly. So the cost of installation depends on every process used in the installation of drywall. Drywall installation cost depends mainly on the space and size of the room, hall, etc. The common starting range of drywall is $1.30 to 3.5 per square fit. For example, if room size is 12' x 12' and with the height of the wall is 8', the average cost of walls will be $820, and the total average cost of the room will be $920 to $950.The average labor costs of a drywall installer are $30 to $35 per hour. Labor can install 30 to 35 sheets of drywall in one day, and this number of sheets will be increased if the installation of drywall will be done by a team. Drywall installation cost also depends on the material of brands and architectural specialties used for the installation of drywall. Factors that affect the installation cost of drywall are:
1) Sizes and thickness of the wall.
2) Prep work
3) Horizontal vs. vertical installation
5) Level of finish, Texture, Labor
6) New construction vs. remodel
7) Enhancement and improvement costs
How to Carry Out Drywall Installation And Repairs Process?
Installation of drywall is easy and requires less time, but the drywall sheet is heavy and very difficult to lift. Drywall install and repair costs are not so high, but it is in a budget of a common medium class family. Repairing of drywall is easy; you can easily repair drywall by yourself if small damage. Repairing small holes are easy and simple. Small holes in drywall can be patched and repaired simply. The finishing cost of drywall is $35 to $40 per hour, and $30 per square yard is the cost of plastering by hand for 2 coats on ceiling and $27 per square yard charge for 2 coats on walls. As per experts, $50 to $70 is the cost per hole for drywall repair, and the approximate total cost is $130 to $200, and repair cost will also depend on location and area. Some tips for drywall install and repair are:
1) First of all, remove the trim of baseboard from the wall.
2) Find the nearest wall studs on every side of the damaged area of the drywall. Any type of repair over a large area gives the strength and stability to the drywall.
3) For proper support and repair, find the approximate center of studs, this maintains the balance between new & old drywall.
4) Cut the damaged area by knife and remove the drywall as per your cuts. Remove the old screws in this damaged area and clean it properly.
5) Cut the new piece of drywall according to the damaged area with proper dimensions and close the small gaps with tape and mud.
6) Attach the new cut piece of drywall to the studs with new screws with spaced approx — every 7 to 10 inches.
7) At the last tape and mud the joints of drywall.
8) You can paint over the joint of drywall for a beautiful interior. So the drywall repair process for a small hole is easy and simple. Drywall is the best solution for beautiful interior and strong walls.
Some service provider of drywall repair provide all types of solutions related to drywall and gypsum like:
1) Gypsum Plaster Board and Powder
2) Designer PVC Laminated Gypsum Tile 975
3) Painting works
4) Gypsum False Ceiling
5) Interior Designing Service and Fabrication Works
6) Linear Ceiling and
7) Gyp Wall Paneling
So, it is obvious that drywall plays an essential role in making your dream home for you and your family.